Septic Inspections for Properties in Clearbrook, VA
For properties in the Clearbrook, VA area that have septic tanks, it’s important to have an inspection done on a routine basis. Why is it so important to have an inspection?
Some properties aren’t able to hook up to the municipal sewage and a septic system is their only way to treat and properly dispose of unwanted wastewater. In a septic tank, solid waste gets broken down partially into sludge and separates from the water and scum. The water will then exit the septic tank into a drain field where it gets filtered naturally by bacteria before reentering the groundwater. This whole process requires your tank to be pumped to remove any excess sludge and scum. You never want this to enter your drain field.
Because septic systems are so integral for certain properties, it’s crucial to always be up to date about their condition. Great Falls Septic Service is available for septic inspections for properties in Clearbrook, VA. We’re the ones to call for all your septic needs.
When Should My Septic System Be Inspected?
You should get your septic system inspected once a year. If you’re buying a home with a septic tank, you should ask about getting an inspection done before buying the house if one hasn’t been done recently.
The Septic Inspection Process
At Great Falls Septic Service, we have a thorough process when it comes to inspections. This is what you can expect during the septic inspection process:
- Finding the Tank On Your Property – If you don’t know where the septic tank is on your property, one of our technicians will help you find it. If you do have the original septic system permit, you can hand this over to our technician because this typically has a map of where your tank is located. We have other tools available to locate your tank, such as a probe rod or radio transmitters that can be flushed down a toilet to determine where your tank is.
- Analyzing the Level of Sludge – A long calibrated rod, which is a sludge-testing tool, will be used to see where the level of sludge is at in your tank. The sludge-testing tool is hollow and transparent with a plug at the end that allows wastewater to come in and prevents the sludge from exiting the rod. We’ll dip the rod in to reach the bottom of the tank and bring it back up to the surface. This will collect the contents inside your tank so that we can analyze the conditions of your septic tank. This will help us determine whether or not your septic tank needs to be pumped.
- Look for Leaks – When we’re inspecting your septic tank, we will check to make sure that the tank is watertight and doesn’t have any leaks. Leaks can be a serious issue. If your septic tank is leaking, it can cause contaminated surface and groundwater. It can also impact the time it takes to discharge clean wastewater into your drain field. We can test this by vacuum and hydrostatic testing. When doing this, your septic tank will need to be emptied. We will then pump negative pressure or water to detect if there are any leaks.
- Inspect the Baffles – Baffles are there to slow down the entry of wastewater into the drain field and prevent sludge and scum from entering. These are important to check out when we’re doing our septic inspections because they can experience wear and tear and corrosion. We will check to see what condition your baffles are in and replace them if they’re in bad shape.
- Check Your Filters and the Water Flow – It’s important to check up on the effluent filter, since it also prevents solids from entering the drain field. We’ll make sure this filter is working properly. If not, we can replace it. While we’re checking the effluent filter, we will also analyze the water flow in and out of your septic tank. Analyzing this can help us determine if there are any leaks or backflow into the tank.
Contact Great Falls Septic Service for an Inspection
If you can’t remember the last time your septic tank was inspected, then you need to call Great Fall Septic Service. We’ll perform a thorough septic inspection for your property in Clearbrook, VA. Give us a call at 540-545-7075.
We service the following cities and their surrounding areas:
Northern Virginia, including Great Falls, Herndon, Reston, Alexandria, Fairfax, Vienna, McLean, Chantilly, Centreville, Fair Lakes, Hayfield, Mason Neck, Hollindale, Fairfax Station, Dranesville, Clifton, Greenbriar, Oakton
Clarke County, including Berryville, Boyce, Bethel, Double Tollgate, Lewisville, Millwood, Saratoga, Swimley, White Post
Frederick County, including Winchester, Middletown, Stephens City, Brucetown, Clear Brook, Cross Junction, Gainesboro, Greenwood, Jordan Springs, Kernstown, Lake Frederick, Mount Pleasant, Opequan, Round Hill, Shawnee Land, Star Tannery, Stephenson, White Hall
Loudoun County, including Aldie, Arcola, Ashburn, Bluemont, Chantilly, Hamilton, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville, Round Hill, Sterling, Waterford